Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wanna Lose Weight? The Diet is 80% of the Work.


Unfortunate, but true. I've been consistent with exercise but not real strict on diet and my weight has hovered in the same place for months.

Now that I've decided it's time to diet down, and possibly compete, I'm reminded once again just how important the diet is.

Ok, wait a second, I HATE the word "diet." It's been completely bastardized. When I say diet, I'm not talking about some new, popular fad diet. Diet simply means the food that you consume on a daily basis.

Now that we have that cleared up, I have seen pounds DROP off me when I stay strict on my diet. A diet which has me eating more than I want to. Now, I will admit, this is a short-term diet. Very healthy but I will be adding other things in once I reach my goal and further modify from there. But for starters, here's what it looks like:

Meal 1:
1/4 c. Old Fashioned Oatmeal
4 egg whites
1 scoop whey protein powder

Meal 2:
¾ tsp. Flaxseed
6 oz. fish (Tilapia)

Meal 3:
½ c. chopped vegetables, broccoli
¾ tsp. Flaxseed
5 oz. fish (Tilapia)

Meal 4:
6 oz. fish (Tilapia)
¾ tsp. flaxseed 14

Meal 5:
4 oz. chicken breast
1 extra small banana
1 large (6.3 oz.) sweet potato

Meal 6:
1 ¾ scoop whey protein isolate
12 tsp. (0.1 oz.) Dextrose

You can substitute foods such as chicken for fish,
Broccoli for any other green veggie,
Stick with brown rice and sweet potatoes for carbs.

This diet gets me about 1500 calories a day.

*I am not a registered dietician. This should not be considered a prescription.

No comments:

Post a Comment