Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sacrifices




I know, I know, eating healthy isn't necessarily the "tastiest" way of eating. Otherwise there wouldn't be an obesity problem in our country. Well, it may not seem as tasty until you get used to it and make it your way of life.

That reminds me, I was PMS-ing and broke down & took a bite of a sugar cookie that my husband swore was devilishly good. ICK!!! It tasted like preservatives & chemicals! It seriously had some kind of tart, odd taste to it. I can't even explain it.

Anyway... I know not everyone likes cottage cheese, yogurt or eggs. I know we'd rather have cheddar cheese, frozen yogurt or sausage patties.

Well, you know what? Too F-ing bad. How bad do you want to see a change? To get anything good, you have to make sacrifices. You just have to decide how valuable your good health and your dream body are to you. Are they valuable enough to you to manage to choke down eggs and oatmeal every morning? To me, it was that important. And I lost 60lbs. because it was that important to me.

And now, because I have sacrificed for so long, I do not enjoy the junk food like I used to. It really doesn't taste very good any more. It tastes more like chemicals than real food.

Basically, the point I'm trying to make is, you don't have to love it, you just have to eat it. You have to get over this love affair with food. The world is not going to end if you don't eat one more Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. I remember feeling that way.

Your food is simply fuel for your body, not fun & recreation.

No comments:

Post a Comment