Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Ginger Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie


When I got out of bed this morning, I was a little worried about what smoothie I would have for breakfast. My groceries are getting low and so are my grocery funds. However, this turned out to be an UH-MAZE-ING smoothie and full of lots of ingredients for someone who thought she was out of food.

The title of this blog doesn't seem quite right because there's a lot more than just ginger, blueberries and pineapple but I thought those were the most predominant ingredients so, there ya go. As a matter of fact, I didn't actually put pineapple in this smoothie but I used pineapple juice. I already had some in the house but I'm sure you could substitute the pineapple juice with fresh, ripe pineapple and have the same flavor.

Be aware that I use a Ninja and I tend to make more than I really need. You may need to adjust your amounts if you are using something smaller, like a NutriBullet. Personally, I am DYING for a NutriBullet for easier cleanup. *Hey NutriBullet, wanna help me out here? :)
Ingredients:
  • handful spinach
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 frozen clementine
  • handful frozen grapes
  • sprinkle of frozen blueberries, (probably 1/3 cup)
  • 1 inch grated ginger
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1/3 cup pineapple juice
  • 1 scoop mixed berry protein powder
  • 1 teaspoon chia seeds, plus more for sprinkling
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
This is a sweet tooth satisfying smoothie. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment